This weekend was productive. One of our delinquents had the crud, so that grounded us at home. If you follow me on Instagram, you may have seen a little #sneekpeek I posted with some books and accessories that I pulled together on the left side of the T.V.
First, let me back up and tell you how I finished up the shelves. First I caulked all the seams and then I primed the heck out of that raw lumber. Two coats of white primer and two coats of white semi-gloss paint was all it took. However, when you have your arm above your head and your painting, it feels like torture.
I played around with the idea of making the backs of the shelves white, creating the look of complete built-ins. We looked at it for about 24 hrs from all angles and we decided that we like the contrast of the sandy paint better. The next step then, was to cut into the corners and paint the wall. I started organizing our books by type; I put our textbooks together, and put the kids books together. Then, I remember seeing a photo of books that were organized by color, so I played around with that. That is how it is now, and I kind of like it. Once the other side is primed and painted, I will have to split the books and share with the other side. This was just an experiment and for fun.